Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My jaguar is not responding when put on reverse. Jaguar

Customer Question

my jaguar is not responding when put on reverse. Jaguar 2002, x type automatic 2.5l
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Any recent work done on the vehicle? Does the R light up on the shifter? Does it engine drive?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the R lights up & it can drive (D) forward. (not as 100% efficient). But it drives forward. My mechanic tried to check it but couldn't find the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
OK this does sound like an internal mechanical failure inside the transmission. The reason I ask if you just had work done on your vehicle is that there is a reverse band bolt on the outside of the transmission that is sometimes confused as a drain or fill plug.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Meet someone who had the same type of jaguar and he said he had the same problem once & it was fuse related. Can it be that?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Since the shifter will release from park and drive engages I don't think it is a blown fuse.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what can it be?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I will send over the info
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks