Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I'm locked out of my 2006 X Type. Key Fob not working and

Customer Question

I'm locked out of my 2006 X Type. Key Fob not working and key doesn't seem to fit the driver's door. I've changed battery on fob but still not working. I've had car for three years... Please Help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
The vehicle battery may be flat. If the vehicle is double locked then try lubricating the driver door lock and jiggle the key in an attempt to unlock it. We can also try and open the boot from underneath the vehicle and try and charge the battery if flat. The problem with this is the alarm will sound. Let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I'll give that a go with WD40 and come back to you later
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I'm in with the WD40, battery not dead and new batteries in fob but still not locking remotely
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
OK so the vehicle status and runs? Does the central locking work using the lock knows in the front door handles? Does the boot open with the fob or the switch on the boot lid?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok car starts and runs fine. Can use central locking from inside the car. Boot opens with lid button. The makes a repetitive beep when I open with key as if a warning as if I don't put key in ignition the alarm goes off.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
1. Open
driver's door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the "auxiliary" position, then turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position and back to the "auxiliary" position four times.
Note :A chime from the Generic Electronic Module (GEM) will indicate programming status has been enabled.
3. Turn the ignition switch to "OFF" position.
4. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
5. To program the transmitter, press any key within 10 seconds.
Note :If the remote transmitter has been accepted, the GEM will make a chime.
If any other remote transmitters are to be programmed, press any button once on each transmitter within 10 seconds.
Note : A maximum of four remote transmitters can be programmed to the vehicle at any one time.
7. Close driver door.