Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

1995 jaguar xj6 replace washer and pump

Customer Question

1995 jaguar xj6 replace washer and pump
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Can you please explain what it is your needing and I will see if I can help you with this. Post back with complete details when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am waiting for a reply to my question: how do I replace the washer & pump on a jaguar 1995 xj6
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

You will need to remove the 4 mounting bolts on the washer reservoir and left it out and the pump simply pull out of the rubber grommets . See the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Washer%20pump%20Aug%205.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Ronnie, Does this pump have a fuse & where is it located. Also does the bumper have to be disconnected?
How much should a mechanic charge to install a new tank & pump?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

The same fuse that runs the wiper power the pump and the reservoir should come out with out having to remove the bumper. Most shops will do this for you for about 1.5 hours in labor plus part if you do not have them.