Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I am trying to reset the inertia switch after changing the

Customer Question
Hello, I am trying to reset...
I am trying to reset the inertia switch after changing the crank sensor. We have pressed it and felt it click,but it still says reduced performance.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: It cannot go over 35km/hr then it stalls
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 98 xj8
JA: What year is your XJ8?
Customer: 98
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing tre crank sensor as the computer reading said it was faulty
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It revs at a high rpm when idling and the exhaust readings are high CO
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
8/1/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
What is the stored fault code number? How does the vehicle start and idle?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It idles at 1600 rooms, does not start every time but after a while
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a code reader
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will check
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
EOBD CODES , P0335,P1647, P1648,P111,
OK clear all those codes and see which ones return.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Scanning
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P0335, P111
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P1111
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Four ones
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Two faults left
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P0335 & P1111
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello? Any suggestions?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The original sensor didnt have a plug, just the 2 wires pushed into the pins. I'm wondering if the wires are crossed, will this make a difference?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?????
The original sensor has a all pigtail wire on it so that is how the new one should have come. If it is an aftermarket part then yes the wires can be crossed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We tried crossing the wires the opposite way, but it did not even start. Back to original position now and we have had the minus side off the battery for a half hour
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Trying the code reader again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still idling very high
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still P0335, p1111 plus , p1647,p1648
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, with the new sensor and the wires are correct, reset the inertia switch and unplugged the battery, we still get the four codes. What do you suggest we do next?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Until you actually help us and solve the problem, we cannot rate you. So far you have only asked questions and not given us answers. We still need to have the car working. I feel tricked out of hard earned money.
Richard, Jaguar Technician