Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Fan sounds like its working but very little air is coming

Customer Question

fan sounds like its working but very little air is coming out of vents, especially the top vents
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: only started recently. car has 105,000. seems like ac is working, producing cold air but not coming out as much as it should. also, defroster seems to work ok. it blows more air than vents.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2007 S type
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just started looking into it this morning. read somewhere that it might need more refrigerant and I think I can handle that.....but that is about as much as I can handle unless its something simple.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: recently spent about $2000 to fix a leak in cooling system and change thermostat
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  david craig replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im David. with the car off, turn the key to the on position(not start), select each position on the mode select switch and listen for an actuator moving at each position.

any update?

hello????