Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

My brother has a 2001 jaguar vanden plas and the driver's

Customer Question

hi pearl ... my brother has a 2001 jaguar vanden plas and the driver's seat wont adjust anymore ... any thoughts ... thanx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far all i have done this morning is a cursory check of the fuse box in the trunk ... the passenger seat seems to work fine ... is there another fuse box located elsewhere ... thanx for taking your time to help
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: i only checked the one in the trunk so far ... unfortunately we r on a bit of a road trip right now and i dont have any tools with me and the seat is adjusted for me and i will have to do the rest of the driving if i cant fix it ...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats pretty much it ... the next thing i was gonna try is swapping modules with the passenger seat and see what happens
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi pearl ... i was able to solve the problem so i dont need any more help ... will i still be charged
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

1-there is fuses in the rear seat fuse box , check those make sure all good.

2- there is a seat control module under the seat , make sure nothing came unplugged

3- if the above 2 checks out , the actual seat adjuster switch needs replacement, you can check it using a test light

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat