Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I'm starting a new session on my 2010 xkr that you have

Customer Question
Richard I'm starting a new...
Richard I'm starting a new session on my 2010 xkr that you have been advising me on. As a review of our correspondence will show the car had been hit on the front left side, and in repairing the damage I gave it the 2012 face lift with the newer front bumper, fenders and head lights. As a result the park aid sensors are not in the front bumper. As you suggested in our last session I disconnected the park aid module in hope of stopping the constant beeping sound, however the beeping noise continues when the car moves forward or reverse. Could it be an alarm from the crash sensors since the air bag fault is on. Should the front crash sensors be replaced since the car was hit in the front drivers side. Or should all of the sensors ( front and side impact crash sensors) be replaced and if so is there any programming that will need to be done?
Because the brake lights were not working I tried your suggestion and I replaced the brake switch however the brake lights still do not work. Could it be the ABS module since there is a ABS and DSc fault and the ABS module has not been programmed to the car?
The TPM light is on and I am going to replace the TPM sensor on the wheel that was hit in the accident ( the front drivers side). Is any programming required after the TPM sensor is replaced?
Thanks,
Gene Cliett
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
7/4/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Is it a constant high pit he's error tone? Does the parking aid screen come up on the touchscreen display? Can he send me a video like uploading one to YouTube or other file sharing site like drop box.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a constant high pitched beep beep beep error tone when the car moves forward or backward and continues until the car stops. Since I disconnected the park aid module ,now when I start the car the display screen says that the park aid is not available.
One mechanic said the beeping sound was an warning due to the crash sensors needing to be replaced because the car had been in an accident although the air bags were not deployed.
Any response on the other questions?
The beep could be the audible sound from the restraint module. Usually this is caused by the module itself. Press the start switch so that the vehicle is powered up but the engine is not running. Look to see if the airbag warning light comes on. If it does not then the noise is from the module. We would need to have the faults read. Usually these crash sensors do not need to be replaced and would not cause the warning sound.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The air bag light is always on.
When is it required or necessary to replace the crash sensors after an accident and please address my questions re the ABS and TPM.
The crash sensors are not automatically replaced unless damaged. The only thing that must be replaced are air bags and seat belts if deployed. Sometimes the module needs to be replaced if the crash data is full but since no airbags went off I don't think that is the case. We really need to have the faults read. I did not see anything on the tire pressure or ABS.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RICHARD THIS IS A COPY OF THE FULL FIRST MESSAGE OF THIS SESSION WHERE I ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ABS AND TPM.
Richard I'm starting a new session on my 2010 xkr that you have been advising me on. As a review of our correspondence will show the car had been hit on the front left side, and in repairing the damage I gave it the 2012 face lift with the newer front bumper, fenders and head lights. As a resultthe park aid sensors are not in the front bumper. As you suggested in our last session I disconnected the park aid module in hope of stopping the constant beeping sound, however the beeping noise continues when the car moves forward or reverse. Could it be an alarm from the crash sensors since the air bag fault is on. Should the front crash sensors be replaced since the car was hit in the front drivers side. Or should all of the sensors ( front and side impact crash sensors) be replaced and if so is there any programming that will need to be done?
OK thanks. I do not think the ABS is relayed to this but I am wondering if the electronic parking brake needs to be calibrated. Start the engine and pump the brakes a few times. Then hold your foot on the brake and pull up the parking brake switch. For the TPMS the sensors do not need programming as they will relearn after driving for a while. It would be easier if they were programmed. Make sure you use a Jag part. Double check the initiators are connected in the wheel well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please go back and read the first message in this session. That is where I asked the questions re the ABS and TPMS.

It could be the module as we definitely need to have it programmed. These TPMS sensors can be programmed but usually will self learn after a couple of drive cycles.

Richard, Jaguar Technician