Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I'm having a code flash up on my dash. Pecus error G.

Customer Question

I'm having a code flash up on my dash. Pecus error G. Can anybody please help me figure this out? Car drives well!
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
D17354. Thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me out at all ? Please and thank you !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

A Pecus or Config error means there is a control module that is not properly configured or is faulty. It will be difficult to diagnose without a Jag factory tool. Config/Pecus G looks like it is referring to the GEM module located under the passenger corner dash. If you had any electrical work or modules replaced recently they will need to be programmed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does the G stand for. Gear box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't replaced any modules at all. All I've done was put in some LED lights but it took like 2 weeks for the code to pop up after they were installed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

PECUS G should be for the GEM which is the module located under the passenger corner dash which controls most of the body electrical functions.