Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

2004 Jag VDP, went thru a bumpy road. "Vehicle too Low" and

Customer Question
2004 Jag VDP, went thru...
2004 Jag VDP, went thru a bumpy road. "Vehicle too Low" and "Air Suspension Fault" messages on the Dash'. Have checked F6 engine fuse box, F12 & F52 trunk fuse box. All fuses O.K.. Car is low in the back. HELP please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
6/7/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
We may have a leak in a shock. First start up the vehicle then open and close the driver door. Listen to see if the compressor turns on. It is located behind the driver front bumper. If it comes on put your ear to each wheel well and try bouncing the vehicle to see if we can hear any air leak. Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No audible change to driver side front bumper when door closed. No audible hissing from each bounced wheel well ???
OK could be the compressor. If fusr#6 (40 amp) is not blown see if we have power to it after you start the vehicle and close the driver door. If we have power but you don't hear it run it has most likely failed. If you do not have power then we can try jumping power to see if you can hear it run.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No power to either side of F6. Power to F35 (80 Amp) OK just to check good ground. 13.5 Volts is evident in the Fuse box.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where can I most easily "jump" power from and exactly which connector ??
Since there is no power there the air suspension module is not energizing the relay. This could be caused by a variety of reasons. The relay could be bad or it can also be a height sensor. Also the module may not activate the compressor since there is a fault and it is n protection mode. Lets also look at all the height sensors and sensor connectors to make sure they are not damaged. We can jump power from that 80 amp fuse just to see if the compressor will come on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Exactly where is the location of the compressor connector and locations of the height sensor connectors ?
The compressor is located behind the driver front bumper and the connectors are in the wheel well. There should be a height sensor in each corner mounted to the control arm with a rod connecting it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will perform checks. How can we reconnect tomorrow?
Just reply back to this same page.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard,
In process of making the checks you recommended, plus I have also switched relays (engine fuse box ) and removed F6. Here I found that 13.5V is evident on one side of the fuse connector, however once the fuse is re-installed it goes back to 0V.
Does this fuse connect to the Air Suspension Compressor directly ? or to the Module you referenced earlier ?
( It's starting to appear to be a shorted Compressor motor? )
Ash.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why are you not answering?

Yes that fuse goes directly to the compressor. The module energizes the relay which sends power to the compressor through that fuse. Could be a bad compressor. Place the black ground lead of your meter lead to the battery negative and the red positive lead to the top terminal on fuse #6. Start the engine and close the driver door to see if we have battery voltage there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard,
Hi Richard,
Delays caused by several factors : Working outside between storms and constant rain downpours courtesy Tropical Storm "Colin", no garage and I'm on disability. This morning I ran a bunch of tests surrounding F6 in the engine fuse-box. Wandering milli' Volts on the left side as you look at the FB, no matter engine running or not, door open or not. Finally "jumped" 13.5V from source to right side of F6 connector. Air Compressor ran but suspension did not change position, door open or closed. Wish I had a schematic... Where is the "Module" and any related Relays ?
Don't be concerned, I will tip handsomely once we get through this nightmare !
Kind regards, Ash.

In order for the vehicle height to change the module will need to energize the solenoid. The solenoid block is located under the spare wheel and the module is located behind the rear seat back. It could be a leak, bad compressor or height sensor. We really would need to know what the stored fault codes are. A Jag compatible tool will be needed in order to communicate and read codes from the air suspension module.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No one seemingly carries the "code reading" gadgets except the dealers. I was trying to avoid this expense but at this stage I am left with no choice. Thanx for your assistance. I will write a positive report to this exchange.
Thanx again, Ash. ( I'll let you know dealer response )
Richard, Jaguar Technician