Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

My name is . i am replacing my factory wheels with new

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** am replacing my factory wheels with new wheels and tp sensors how do i reprogram new sensors thank you
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: i have not installed yet
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: do i need to reset new tire pressure sensors if so how do i do this i have 2010 jaguar xkr
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet i am installing new wheels and sensors now do i need to program new sensors or will the car do this on its own
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: no all worked well with old wheels and sensors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Scott, i am looking over your story to see how i can assist and will respond soon with some info, Lou .

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok scott here is our factory info, you do not have to do anything other than drive the car man, hope this helps.

"

Tire Location and Identification

The TPMS can identify the position of the wheels on the vehicle and assign a received tire pressure sensor identification to a specific position on the vehicle, for example FL (front left), FR (front right), RL (rear left) and RR (rear right). This feature is required because of the different pressure targets and threshold between the front and rear tires.

The wheel location is performed automatically by the TPMS module using an 'auto-location' function. This function is fully automatic and requires no input from the driver. The TPMS module automatically re-learns the position of the wheels on the vehicle if the tire pressure sensors are replaced or the wheel positions on the vehicle are changed.

The TPMS software can automatically detect, under all operating conditions, the following:

• one or more new tire pressure sensors have been fitted
  • one or more tire pressure sensors have stopped transmitting
  • TPMS module can reject identifications from tire pressure sensors which do not belong to the vehicle
  • two 'running' wheels on the vehicle have changed positions.

If a new tire pressure sensor is fitted on any 'running' wheel, the module can learn the new sensor identification automatically when the vehicle is driven for more than 15 minutes at a speed of more than 20 km/h (12.5 mph).

The tire learn and location process is ready to commence when the vehicle has been stationary or travelling at less than 12 mph (20 km/h) for 15 minutes. This is known as 'parking mode'. The learn/locate process requires the vehicle to be driven at speeds of more than 12 mph (20 km/h) for 15 minutes. If the vehicle speed reduces to below 12 mph (20 km/h), the learn process timer is suspended until the vehicle speed increases to more than 12 mph (20 km/h), after which time the timer is resumed. If the vehicle speed remains below 12 mph (20 km/h) for more than 15 minutes, the timer is set to zero and process starts again.

If the tire pressure sensors fitted to the running wheels vehicle are changed, the module can learn the new sensor identifications automatically. The learn function requires no manual intervention by the driver."

Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.