Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Pearl, I so hope you can? JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I so hope you can?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This S type is a friends. The battery runs down if is standing overnight. Now, that is not my problem...here it comes. He has a gloriously huge booster in the back, obscuring access to the inside of the boot. And that is where the keys are. Left in the boot after disconnecting the battery. (Only one key) Is there a mechanism, lever, or something that may be pulled from the inside to open the trunk? Kind regards,
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Adriaan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The back seat is down and there is a tiny gap past this booster box that does give me slight access.
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: No, all else is good.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you do not have access even with the seats down then I recommend we jump power from in the engine compartment or from the inside fuse box. Locate the fuse box in the engine compartment and you will see some empty fuse cavities. There is a single blade coming up. Hook the red positive lead of a jumper or booster there and the black negative lead to the body. This will give you enough power to open the trunk with the switch.