Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

How do you reset the reverse band tension bolt on a 03 2.5

Customer Question
Xtype Jaguar?...
How do you reset the reverse band tension bolt on a 03 2.5 Xtype Jaguar?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/24/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 1 year ago
Kevin Bourcier
hello . the actual problem is not a torque or tension setting . The bolt that was removed was a " retainer bolt " that secured one end of the reverse band in position . What you need to do is get the reverse band " pulled " around into the proper location and reinstall the " Locator " bolt . Yes . you can accomplish this by drilling a hole through the transmission case and manipulating the band into position and then re-installing the bolt .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already know that from other postings ! I also know that you can do it by drilling a hole and using a welding rod to put it in place,or I have even heard of a way to do it with a magnet, I didn't want to know that I want to have more specific details on how to do it,and what the torque specs are. The info that you gave me is available for free on car gurus with more detail even. I expected alot more detailed description of how to do it and tourqe specs if I'm paying for the info !
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please contact Todd at(###) ###-####During 9-5 central time as the information you provided I already know and more I expected alot more if I'm paying for the info other than what is available for free on car gurus!
Jaguar Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 1 year ago
no problem . If that is not helpfull to you . You did not explain that to me . I was answering your specific question on your original posting
Jaguar Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 1 year ago
as I said . it is not a matter of torque
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks I appreciate the effort but I'll figure it out,this is not what I expected, as for information! However it is as I expected A SCAM TO GET MONEY! SORRY TO HAVE WASTED OUR TIME, HAVE A GOOD ONE !
Jaguar Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 1 year ago
oh dear . I am sorry that your are not satisfied . I would like to thank you for using Just Answer . Have a good day .
Matt, Engineer