Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar S-Type: Jaguar 2004 s type radio. Screen says CODE but…

Jaguar 2004 s type radio...
Jaguar 2004 s type radio. Screen says CODE but won't take any numbers or make any noise when I input code.
5/19/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 6 years ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

try pressing the following buttons at the same time: A.Mem + PTY + >>

This bypasses the need for a code. Hold the buttons down and after a second or two WELCOME appears on the display and then after another second or two the display shows the regular radio information. You now have an uncoded radio with factory defaults so you will need to reprogram any presets.

I've tried that combo. Keypad doesn't show any numbers on screen when I press them nor does the three button simultaneously push do anything. Any suggestions?Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

OK

what happens when you hold down buttons 2 & 6 ?

as this should display the serial no?

if the answer is nothing then I'd say try pulling the radio fuse for 10 seconds to reset the unit

Silly question...which fuse is for radio? I bought the car used and has no documentation/schematics.
I will try and replace all three in the morning. May I contact you tomorrow if that doesn't revolve the issue? Thx, Doug

no problem Doug

just get back to me on this post

Will do. Thank you.
Morning. I see a big fuse box in trunk but can't locate interior fuse box. Any help?

hello

the ' fascia' fusbox should be in the passenger footwell

if you look at the 2nd image I provided it shows it in the drivers footwell for a RHD car

Found it. Pulled all 3 fuses..replaced them, but no effect on radio.
I think maybe the radio is fried? The only thing I see is CODE in the screen. Pushing the power button does nothing.

OK

if you push any of the number buttons does the screen change?

if it doesn't come out of 'code' then try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes - and when you reconnect the battery lead have the keys to hand as the alarm may sound

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer