Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Jaguar Super V8: 2006 jag super v8. error codes P0232 and P062A.

Customer Question
2006 jag super v8. error...
2006 jag super v8. error codes P0232 and P062A. believe its a pump relay but don't know where they are.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't afford to take to dealer. I fell off of a roof eight months ago and just had back surgery a month ago. No income. Car runs fine, but engine light is on. Last time it did this I just had someone with an OBD reader clear the codes. The car has new coils and plugs, as well as antifreeze. It failed a Tennessee emissions test before I bought it in Illinois.
5/18/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I would double check the fault code numbers that are setting here as these code numbers are not showing up for this model year. Code P0232 indicates a fault with the fuel pump circuit being to high.This can be an issue with the fuel pump itself or wiring to the fuel pump needing repaired or replaced.It may be the control unit as well but the fuel pump is usually most common for this issue here.If you can re check the code numbers and post them here this will help just let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have rechecked the codes with a very expensive Bosch OBD scan tool. Those are the codes that come up. All my research that i've done says that it is most likely faulty fuel pump relays. Apparently the car has two fuel pumps...so there should be two relays somewhere in the rear trunk compartment fuse box. I have attached a picture of that fuse box. Which of the bigger relays are fuel pump relays?
Your fuel pump relays are R6 and R7 in the diagram below which are non serviceable meaning that the entire fuse panel assembly has to be replaced to be able to replace the relays.https://www.dropbox.com/s/et7mung9jfk54gw/fp-05-18.gif?dl=0 Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician