Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Want to bypass the heater core on 2007 Jag S type R In your

Customer Question
want to bypass the heater...
want to bypass the heater core on 2007 Jag S type R
In your answer here, still not sure. Thought there was an input and an output and a drain. Plan was to simply connect the input and the output and leave drain as is. However, now not sure based on this thread. Any info on how to bypass correctly? (We have defective control unit most likely, already replaced the valve. AC on drive side is perfectly cold, while passenger vents are full hot! The heat is enough to override any benefit from the AC, so for now want to do an emergency fix by bypassing heater core).
Any info appreciated.
Jeff
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Found a T adapter (4/8 to 5/8 to 3/4 I think is the size) Will give that one a go.
5/16/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The best way to by pass the heater core is to remove the three hoses from the heater core at the firewall (see the location in the link below) and connect them together with your tee. Once you have done this refill the cooling system and you should be good to go. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/heater%20core%20May%2016.pdf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for checking.I never got a response, and this is exactly what I am already doing.
Can I cancel my request?Thanks for your help.Jeff
Sure thing Jeff. If you contact customer service they can handle this for you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for checking in. If I have more questions on additional work, is there a way to ask for you?
Your very welcome and thank you as well.
Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician