Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar S-Type: 2006 s type automatic. When start car often…

2006 s type automatic. When...
2006 s type automatic. When start car often difficult to get out of park and into gear. You can kinda feel it and eventually there is a kind of click and you can move it into drive. once running no problem. When stopped if restart within 10 / 15 mins no problem.
5/9/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 6 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
SO the engine starts and run but the shifter is stuck in park? Is the P lite up red on the shifter?
Yes. It's not stuck so it doesn't move. I can pull it back but it sticks so I can't get it into reverse. If I push it back and forward and play with it it kinda clicks and then goes into reverse slot.
Ok first we need to make sure the cable bolts are not loose. We need to jack up the driver side of the vehicle and make sure both the 8 mm bolts securing the cable to the transmission are tight. If so then the problem is most likely with the shifter and or cable.
From what u say it implies it is not a major problem and my local service guy should be able to fix?
Yes based on everything we discussed. Keep me posted.
Richard, Jaguar Technician