Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Time I have detected a underbody acceleration noise

Customer Question

For some time I have detected a underbody acceleration noise in my 97 XK8 covertbile. after storing this winter, i also noticed that the car revs at enough speed to not need the gas pedal and still cruise along at 35 mph? when i brake, it slows down hard and accelerates hard going back to 35 mph? what gives?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, not at all. I got a recall notice about throttle sticking and engine stall out and still never took it to the dealer here (who has avery bad rep.)
JA: OK! The Jaguar Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: No, '97 with just 69,000 miles on it. Upstate NY driver, only driven in summertime here.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com
Can I have your VIN to check for any open service actions or recalls?