Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I am ***** *****, after the winter break (disconnecting

Customer Question

Hi, I am ***** *****, after the winter break (disconnecting the battery) the roof of my XKR 2007 doesn"t open anymore. It disengages and stopped then. Is there a resetting procdure to follow?my roof
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car is an XKR from 2007. the roof opens up, ut doesn't open fully and doesn't close anymore.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When the battery is disconnected and reconnected the front windows need to be reset. With the engine running and both doors closed lower both front windows. Press and hold the switches down for about three seconds. Then raise both front windows and hold the switches up for about three seconds. Then press and hold the top switch til it moves. If this doesn't work then we will need to lower the top manually. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't work that way. After resetting of the windows in the door, the roof opening procedure stop with the opening of the small rear windows. The roof does not move at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
OK then we will need to lower the top manually then reset the windows. I will send over the procedure.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
First pop off the middle rear seat back cover by pulling the top out then sliding it up. You will see an allen wrench clipped on top of the fuse box. Then go in the trunk and remove the vent on the passenger side rear. You will see the convertible top pump enclosed in a gray insulation. There will be a hole in it where you need to insert the allen wrench and turn counter clockwise till you feel resistance. Then go inside and look at the front of the top in the center you will see a cover. With a small flat blade screwdriver pop the front of that cover down and slide it out. Insert the allen in the hole and again turn counter clockwise till you feel resistance. You will notice that the top is starting to open. You will need an assistant to do the next step. Go outside the vehicle and grab the from and back of the top and fold them together then have an assistant pull the release handle that is located next to that pump. Just pull the handle and the tonneu cover will come up. Hold the cover up and fold the top down into the well. Allow the cover to drop down. Then start he engine and press the top up switch and it should work.