Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I have a 2005 s type and I need to know the drive cycle required

Customer Question
to reset my evap monitor...
I have a 2005 s type and I need to know the drive cycle required to reset my evap monitor. My oxygen sensors have reset but the evap has not
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure what the cause of the evap leak is. I've changed the gas cap and it didn't help. I've misted my lines but didn't see any leaks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
4/13/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. I attached the criteria to set monitors, but please understand that these are very difficult to do and you need to be patient, and don't let the waiting affect my rating:)Thanks, Ron
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor