Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Jaguar S-Type: 2002.5 4.2 S-Type has multiple electric issues. We

Customer Question
2002.5 4.2 S-Type has multiple...
2002.5 4.2 S-Type has multiple electric issues.
We had freezing temperatures here, but now as weather is warming up problems started. First, my car started to discharge battery as it never goes to "sleep mode" (4 system relays in trunk are always "on"). Battery is new and good.
Few days after that, left front low beam headlight stopped working (bulb is fine, there is around 12V in connector, but soon as i connect bulb, it drops to zero). Fuse is ok, voltage is ok on fuse. Right side indicator light went out suddenly, bulb is fine, connector is fine, few volts there, not enough to light bulb. I have checked all fuses and even took out general module and checked connectors to that (looks ok).
Today, car started normally, but after one hour car wont even crank, battery has enough juice, starter relay clicks, but nothing happens while other electric devices (like instument panel) are just fine. Starter solenoid just doesn't do anything.
Could this all be caused by water behind right or left tyre? Are there connectors or ground points behind those plastic covers? I have visually inspected and checked all three fuse and connector boxes. Passenger side fuse box has good voltage for right side indicator and bulb.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm wondering if this is problem with general electrics module, wire harness that is damaged (where?), water corrosion on connectors (usual places?) etc.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Starting problem was because of loose connection on starter solenoid. There was also corrosion on connector that comes through firewall to wheel well. Issues with lights didn't have anything to do with this.
4/2/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Do you still need assistance with any issues?
Matt, Engineer