Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1983 Jaguar XJ6 Van Plas Car would start & run fine, after…

Customer Question
1983 Jaguar XJ6 Van Plas...
1983 Jaguar XJ6 Van Plas Car would start & run fine, after 15/30 min driving, turn off eng.
the car will not start, wait 30 min. will start. This continues over & over. A Jag repair garage
has drained both fuel tanks (new fuel now) Replaced fuel pump, fuel pump modual, fuel filter, fuel tank switch (right/left). Fuel presser is excellent. Now! engine will not run after cold start injecter (fuel) is used up. Car has 45,000 miles, beautiful car. Any suggestions?
What next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
3/18/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Doc. Jaguar, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Doc. Jaguar
Doc. Jaguar, Jaguar Technician

I would try the ignition amp. the original one is hard to find and will cost you well over $400.00 under the Jaguar part muber as the amp is part of a module and not soled separeltly. On the front of the intake manifold you will see a black box mounted on it with wiers going to the distributor and ignition coil. remove the box and open it. the amp is black and attached with two screws with 3 or 4 electrical spade connectors. That is the amp and should have a GM part number on it. Take that to a good parts store. It shoud run you around $30.00 bucks

Ref: Prob. with 1983 Jaguar XJ6 Van Plas.
See Orig question. Doc Johnson gave his
answer, Did as he suggested, did not solve
the prob. I have found there is (NO INJECTOR
PULSE) It does have Cold start injector only.
please try on this new finding. Kenneth S. Smith
phone txt(###) ###-####Thanks for last try