How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Engineer
Category: Jaguar
Satisfied Customers: 21622
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
Type Your Jaguar Question Here...
Matt is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I get a plastic gas tank that can be used in place

Customer Question

Where can I get a plastic gas tank that can be used in place of my metal one that keeps rusting out.I have a XJS-V12 two seat convertible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.


as you probably are aware there was never a plastic version of this tank so you're looking for something of a similar size and shape

what I'd suggest as something far easier is to remove the tank from the car and have it chemically stripped and then sealed with a liquid resin

this is commonly done for classic cars and bikes where an aluminium tank is not available

you can do the job yourself with these products

and this to seal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not pleased with your answer.You did not answer my question.I have tried refurbishing but it is too rusted out.Your response did not help and I want a refund and this account closed after the one charge of $23.00.No trial period,no monthly bills or you shall be reported.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.


Ok as an alternative as the XJS tank is quite a simple shape then I'd suggest contacting this firm

they make whats known as a 'bag' tank as used in racing cars and aircraft and they do produce a stock item thats close to the XJS part

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

If this answer isn't what you're looking for I'll opt out and open this back up to other experts,

or you can request a refund