Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2001 jaguar xk8 the driverts seat will not go

Customer Question

I have a 2001 jaguar xk8 the driverts seat will not go forward or back it worked fine till i changed out the battery. I reset everything snd all works fine except for the seats . You can hear the motors run what could be wrong
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you hear a click when trying to move the set or do you actually hear the motor spinning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hear the motor running when I push the buttons
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok this is strange as replacing the battery may just be a coincidence. Looks like the motor/linkage may be bad. We need to look under the seat to inspect this. It will be difficult to remove the four seat bolts depending on the seat position since we cannot move it back. Look to see if we can get to the motor to look to see what it is doing when you try and move the seat.