Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 jag s type 3.0 auto...seems a lot of slack all f a

Customer Question
sudden in trans...stop at light...
2003 jag s type 3.0 auto...seems a lot of slack all f a sudden in trans...stop at light and it bangs into gear when I start to move again..as well as when kind of running between gears it makes funny noise...feels like a valve or pressure problem...o nly started doing this after a big snow fall and icy roads where the traction lock would go in and out
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
3/9/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Is the trans fluid good and up to level?

.

Is the check engine light on? (any codes)

.

What is the VIN please?

.

Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

First we need to have the fluid level and condition checked. Since there is no dipstick this is not easily done as a fill / level plug needs to removed with the fluid warmed, engine running and vehicle on a level surface or lift. The fluid pan or cooler pipes may have developed a leak and the fluid is low. For the brake fluid we should also have the brakes checked. The fluid reservoir for the brakes is in the driver rear of the engine compartment. Let me know.

well I surely not going to attempt to check the trans.... I guess I will just take it to the Jag dealer here....I see you all have already charged me for thgis..I thought it wasn't charged until I was satisfied!!!! BUt it is already out of my account...wow... Thats all right...keep it...it is the last time...
It is transaction # *****

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There also were some factory service bulletins on it, which was why I needed the VIN. However, it seems that Richard may have answered the question, thanks and please come again, anytime.