Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2005 s type jaguar. I changed battery think my

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 s type jaguar. I changed battery think my battery was dead. Now it wont start. My mechanic said the anti theft protection is on and wont let it start. How can I fix this problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jaguar Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If I can yes or my mechanic will. Everybody is telling me I have to take it to a dealer to fix. The problem is the dealer is two hundred miles away. We don't have one in my town no more.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?

It wont start

3/8/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 6 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Right now is the engine cranking normally but not starting or not even cranking? Any warning lights or messages on? Is the security light on the top of the dash on solid or blinks rapidly?

It wont do anything. Lights go on radio goes on

OK turn the ignition ON and see if any warning messages are displayed. Then look at the security led on the top of the dash. Turn the ignition off then back on again. The light will come on for a few seconds then go out. Also see if the shifter will release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake. Let me know.

The light on the dash just blinks.No warning lights

OK please check the battery cable connections to make sure they are clean and secure. Also look closely for any signs of water in the trunk. We may have a problem with the power or ground cable. Also please check the security light and shifter as this will help us in diagnosing the problem.

My mechanic said it's the anti theft system. It's a shop not back yard

OK unfortunately a Jag factory tool will be needed to reset or reprogram the security system. We can try a few things first. Make sure the inertia switch did not trip. It is located behind the driver side lower kick panel. There should be a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to depress the top of it to reset it. Then disconnect just the negative battery terminal cable for about 30 minutes. Reconnect it then lock/unlock the driver door using the key blade. This should disengage the security system.

Ok thank you. I have to go to work.

Let me know.

Thank you richard that did it. Anti theft offYour my new hero. Lol you now have number one spot on speed dial.

Glad I was able to help. Please rate the responses so I can receive credit. Thanks again for using justanswer.com.

Richard, Jaguar Technician