Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2005 S type. Problem started with the right rear…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 S...
I have a 2005 S type. Problem started with the right rear door lock making noise when locking but not actually locking the door, all other locks functioned properly. Now the door locks all around cycle on and off at will. Usually before underway.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/27/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The noise you are describing is likely caused by a failing door lock actuator. In order to determine why the locks are cycling the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done I will try and help you determine the cause.

Thank you I was wondering why no one was helping. I will get a scan and get back to you asap. Thank you Michael

Okay, let me know and we can work from there. Thank you as well.

Ronnie. My local AutoZone says they can't scan if no "check engine" light is on. Please advise. Mike

Auto Zones simply uses code reader and unfortunately a code reader will not access the lock system to retrieve any door lock codes. Unfortunately this will need to be done with a Jaguar compatible scan tool and not a code reader.

I will try to get a scan done. Didn't know I was going to need to spend more for diagnosis than your fee. Am I going to be charged more for this back and forth. I assumed your experts would recognize the problem. Thanks.

You are not charged any more and I do not receive anything unless you rate the service. Any money you have placed in your account remains in your account.