Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 jaguar top won't go down,rear windows do go down.

Customer Question
2003 jaguar top won't...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Basically that's it. What should I look for to remedy problem?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/25/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

First I recommend we check the hydraulic fluid in the top pump reservoir. The fluid should be in the middle of the two lines. If it is low we need to fill it with a pentosin hydraulic fluid. If it is then we should check the top fuses in the trunk fuse box. Let me know.

I don't hear any clicking sounds where the top unlocks from windshield frame. Is this normal?
Fluid level is Ok.
Which fuses?

Fusr# ***** (40 amp) in the trunk.

Unfortunately I am un available for a phone call at this time. We can continue here until then. Let me know.