Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My '94 XJS convertible handbrake does not stop the car from…

Customer Question
My '94 XJS convertible handbrake...
My '94 XJS convertible handbrake does not stop the car from rolling when stopped. Needs adjustment or perhaps new brake pads? What's the procedure to do this please.
Dave R
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/26/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, you will need to pull the rear rotors to check the thickness of the parking shoes and replace if needed. If ok, then you will need to adjust the parking brake cable and shoes. I have attached both procedures for you

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager