Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Jag 2005 xj8l shows dsc not available my scanner says failer

Customer Question

jag 2005 xj8l shows dsc not available my scanner says failer to communate can you help me
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Most probably, the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) module has brought the CAN network down, which would not allow your scan tool to communicate with any of the other modules in the network.

To confirm, turn the ignition off and disconnect the module (see attached graphic for location). With it disconnected, plug in your scan tool to the DLC as you normally woud and turn the ignition back on. CAN should be up again and allow the scan tool to communicate with the Powertrain Control Computer (PCM).

DSC operation might be temporarily restored by disconnecting and reconnecting the module. However, further diagnosis is recommended which would need to be performed with the aid of an IDS scan tool.

Best Regards.

Here is that graphic.