Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

The seatback cooling is not functional. The system seems to…

Customer Question
The seatback cooling is...

The seatback cooling is not functional. The system seems to work and there is some initial, slight, cooling. After 10 to 15 min there is no evident cooling at all. I can hear the fan in the seatback working. I suspect the unit is not properly getting source air and the air loops in the seatback and warms to the point where the unit can not deliver cooled air.

Mechanic's Assistant: What model and year is your Jaguar?

2011 XF supercharged

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Jaguar Mechanic can help you with your '11 XF Supercharged. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No, I believe the installation is not proper and have registered many requests while in warranty. If I can have a solid idea of a fix I can promote this with the dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Jaguar Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Are you ready to speak with the Jaguar Mechanic now?

Yes phone is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Note the below link for my previously active question:
http://www.justanswer.com/jaguar/9c87g-jaguar-xf-supercharged-2011-xf-superchargedseatback-cooling.html
Answered in 1 day by:
2/25/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I havent seen this issue here myself yet but see no one else has responded here.I would have the dealer check the air flow from the fans to see if there are any restrictions causing this fault here and to see if the cooling fan blades are coming dislodged from the fan motor itself.If an issue is found it will need to be corrected to resolve this fault here.If this has already been done one other thing you can try is to contact Jaguar customer service about this on going issue and they can usually push the dealer along with diagnosing and repairing this fault here.If these have already been done/checked into here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I have tried working with Jag. By reviewing web traffic it is obvious there have been other issues like mine. Please note the previous issue that was not resolved --- for some reason another was started.

Unfortunately this is the only info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

did you review the information at the link I sent you?
Jaguar Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

Two things- there is a filter in the system, just a simple white filter that twists off. pretty unlikely that it is clogged, unless you smoke in your car or have a pretty dirty car.

The actual cooling effect is created by an element that creates both the heat or the cooling by running an electrical current through it one direction or the other (creating heat on one side of the element, and removing heat on the other side) So if that element is bad it should not heat OR cool.

It's pretty typical for people to experience issues with this system, and the most common is that the backrest does not get as cool as the seat base. I would ask at the dealer to test out a similar vehicle for comparison.

gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician