Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

On my 1999 Jaguar XJ8 I can't seem to accelerate

Customer Question

On my 1999 Jaguar XJ8 I can't seem to accelerate backwards or forwards. The computer in the car is telling me it has the following problems: Gearbox fault,Traction control fail,Failsafe engine mode,and stability control fail. The RPM won't go past 1100. The car has 95,000 miles on it can you tell me what is wrong?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Without proper computer diagnosis it is hard to say exactly what is wrong with the engine. Just from your symptoms and experience with this vehicle I would suspect a failed throttle position sensor. But there should be codes stored in the engine and ABS computers that will point to the actual failure. A full scan of the computer modules is the first step towards a repair.