Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I disconected the battery and held terminals together top…

Customer Question
i disconected the battery and...
i disconected the battery and held terminals together top operates correctly. I still have a proiblem with the emergency brake light stays on and the windows gol down but dont come back up like they should what is wrong
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/19/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

We will need to reset the windows first. With the engine running and all doors closed lower the windows and hold both switches down for about three seconds. Then raise both Windows and hold the switches up for about three seconds. This will reset the window drop memory.

For the parking brake make sure the lever is not stuck. If it lifts easily then it is partially applied.

It is not stuck did what you said light still on was ok till the battery was replaced

OK the switch on the parking brake lever can be faulty. We can try disconnecting it to see if the warning goes out. Also make sure it may not be partially applied. If you feel no resistance when lifting the handle then it is partially applied. We will need to pull it up then press the button and lower the handle to release the brake. Also check the brake fluid level as that can also cause the light to come on but is usually accompanied by a message in the message center on the cluster saying low brake fluid. Let me know.

where is the parking brake switch

It is on the parking brake lever.

I got to go off but when I am driving it keeps coming on

OK most likely a bad connection or micro switch in the park brake.

Wow now check engine light just came on

Ok I do not think this is related. Stop by your local parts store to see if we can scan the vehicle for the stored fault codes. See if you can get me the four digit code number.

Richard, Jaguar Technician