Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 2005 Jaguar S-Type slows down to a crawl when I turn on

Customer Question

My 2005 Jaguar S-Type slows down to a crawl when I turn on my radio.Then I get readings brake park fault, engine fault and cruise control not available. I took it to the Jaguar Service Center and they can not find the problem. This has happened to me a few times. If I dont turn on the radio it drives fine. Does anyone know what the problem may be?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

DO you know if the Jag dealer was able to read any fault codes? Does the fault occur as soon as you turn the radio on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer was unable to read the fault codes. Yes the fault occurs approximately 5 sec to 1 minute it seems after I turn the radio on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer said he drove it 20 miles with the radio on and nothing happened
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok I actually think the radio is just a coincidence. Maybe the problem just occurs after driving for some time. I suspect the problem could be an issue with the electronic throttle system specifically the throttle body assembly. This will cause al those warnings and the limp mode. There should definitely be fault codes stored so I am surprised the dealer did not read any faults. Usually a P0121 or P2135 is stored. We can try using a generic OBD II tool to see if we can read the faults when the vehicle goes into limp mode.