Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar 94 xjs. when I try to charge my battery, I get a loud…

Customer Question
jaguar 94 xjs. when I...
jaguar 94 xjs. when I try to charge my battery, I get a loud noise and when i turn the key, I get a check engine message FF47. what's happening?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/17/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Doc. Jaguar, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Doc. Jaguar
Doc. Jaguar, Jaguar Technician

Is this with the battery charger conneted to the car and charging? Or after you have charged the battery, removed the charger and turn the key on?

With the charger charging

most battery chargers release a small amount of AC voltage unless you spend over $500.00 bucks. Causing all types of problems. I would recomend removing the negative cable charge your battery then reconnect and start. The 1994 jag XJS and XJ6 are very vulnerable to ECU damage if the vehicle sees AC voltage. I know it sounds strang but try it and let me know. I hope after you get it started the enging idles nomally and not at 2000RPM. As for the FF47 you cant trust that as being a true falt at this time.