Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1992 jaguar xj6 know reverse

Customer Question
1992 jaguar xj6 know reverse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/16/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Jaguar Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Jaguar Mechanic

Welcome,

I have been a master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

Do the forward gears work ok?

reverse some time

Thanks,

We usually find a weak spring on the reverse inhibit valve. You need to remove the valve body to replace it but the whole tranny does not have to come out to replace it. below is a diagram showing the location. Once out check the valve real good as well but usualy the spring either breaks or is too weak. Happens a lot.

click here

My goal is that you are pleased with my answer(s). I strive for a positive rating. It's the only way i get credit.

You can still ask me questions for free after you rate me so far :-)

Any further questions?

If not please dont forget to rate my service please.

Larry

I've changed the transmission and reverse safety switch inhibit and know reverse

Where was the reverse safety switch inhibit located that you replaced?

on the side of transmission

The spring and valve shown in that diagram i sent you shows where the correct part is to replace. Its in the upper left valve body inside the transmission.

I have a new transmission and have the some problem it's not in the transmission it's out side some were

Hi, sorry i missed you last night.

Without seeing it myself the only thing i can think is that the shift linkage is out of adjustment. Hard to be sure without seeing it though.

Larry

did you have any further questions?

If not please rate my service, if you do, please just reply.

Thanks!

LJ