Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2003 x type. air trapped after replacing filler tank and

Customer Question

2003 x type. air trapped after replacing filler tank and hoses. Hose going to heater matrix is HOT but hose leading from matrix is cold. heater blowing cold or slightly warm. Engine cooling is fine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No heat from heater.....blowing cold ....see previous comment
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: running engine with coolant cap off, squeezing all the hoses I can get at. note, hose leading frm heater matrix is cold
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin what size engine do you have fitted ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2,5L V6 petrol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still on line?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Yes sorry for delay let me look up bleed procedure

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok there are no bleed points on x type so let engine cool then start again . Turn heater in car on full heat full fan speed then run with cap off whilst topping up if nacessary . If car starts to overheat turn off allow to cool and start again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done that several times and yesterday I had a 3 hour motorway drive. St
ill blowing cold. Mechanic looked at it today and said air is the problem
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Air is unlikely to be the problem after a*****. Was heater working before replacement parts?