Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2004 Jaguar XJ8. When the engine is cold and I am…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Jaguar XJ8. When the engine is cold and I am driving, I enter the last gear at like 50/60 mph, the throttle fluctuates up and down until the engine is warm then it is all ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No. It is at a Jag expert (so to speak) and he hasn't figured it out

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Jaguar Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?

No. My car only has 40k miles on it, it's like new

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/12/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello. Your problem is most likely the torque converter slipping. First we would need to. Check the fluid level and condition as we could also have a leak from the pan or cooler pipes. Next the transmission control module will need to be reprogrammed to see if the surge is corrected. Let me know