Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

How do I get my Jaguar s type in neuatrual when it is dead…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get my Jaguar s type in neuatrual when it is dead to get it out of my garage? 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a 2005 jaguar stype that is dead in my garage. I have someone coming to tow it away but I cant get it in neutral to push out of my garage.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/11/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

If boosting the battery will not.power up the vehicle enough to get it out of park then pop off the woodgrain surrounding the shifter and on the driver side of the actual shifter body is a small lever. Use a light and you should this this small T lever. You may even see residue of a white grease. Use a long thin screwdriver and move the lever up as you move the shifter out of park. The electronic parking brake may also be applied if the vehicle lost power. Let me know.