Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My CC and EVAP monitor not set on readiness monitors. I've…

Customer Question
My CC and EVAP monitor...
My CC and EVAP monitor not set on readiness monitors. I've been doing drive cycles for weeks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/4/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Can I have your VIN? All other monitors are ready?

I do not have the key for the car right now to check on the VIN,
Yes all other monitors are ready except for comprehensive component and EVAP.
VIN# *****
2003 X-TYPE

Thanks. I will be right back.

I know you stated you did the drive cycle but there is a specific one that needs to be done. The evap monitor needs to be completed then comprehensive component should set. We then need to have the evap system tested as a faulty vent valve or purge valve can cause this. We also need to make sure the ECM is at the latest calibration. Here is the drive cycle information.

EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE

1 Ensure that fuel filler cap is fully closed (minimum three clicks).

2 Fuel level > 30% and < 85%.

3 Using WDS, perform ECM DTC Clear (even if no DTCs are flagged).

4 Drive vehicle for a minimum of 2 minutes, and until engine is at normal operating temperature.

5 Using WDS, ensure that the EVAP Canister Purge Valve is operating by observing “PURGE VAPOR MANAGEMENT VALVE – DUTY CYCLE”. If the valve is not active, ECM adaptions have not been learned. Conduct a “green ECM” Drive Cycle as described in Technical Service Bulletin.

6 Drive vehicle to the road where the EVAP System Drive Cycle will be conducted. Stop vehicle and switch OFF the ignition. Leave ignition OFF for 30 seconds, then restart the engine.

7 Accelerate briskly to 80 km/h (50 mph) ensuring that the engine speed reaches a minimum of 3500 rpm for a minimum of 5 seconds.

8 (0.040 inch EVAP Test) View WDS “PURGE VAPOR MANAGEMENT VALVE – DUTY CYCLE”, “CANISTER CLOSE VALVE – VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM”, and FUEL TANK PRESSURE – VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM”. Avoiding high engine loads, drive the vehicle steadily between 65 km/h (40 mph) and 100 km/h (60 mph). Avoid driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. WDS should give an indication that the test is active (it may take up to 30 minutes before the test will initialize). When the test has initialized (EVAP Canister Close Valve CLOSED), it will take approximately 90 seconds for the test to complete.

9 (0.020 inch EVAP Test) Continue driving vehicle as explained in Step 8 for an additional 10 minutes.

10 Gently coast the vehicle to a stop. Allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes and view WDS “PURGE VAPOR MANAGEMENT VALVE – DUTY CYCLE”, “CANISTER CLOSE VALVE – VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM”, and FUEL TANK PRESSURE – VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM”. WDS should give an indication that the test is active. When the test has initialized (EVAP Canister Close Valve CLOSED), it will take approximately 90 seconds for the test to complete.

11 If the 0.020 inch EVAP Test is not activated, the purge system vapor concentration may be too great. To reduce the vapor concentration proceed as follows:

12 Drive the vehicle for an additional 30 minutes avoiding driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. Repeat Step 10. If the 0.020 inch EVAP Test is still not activated, repeat the Drive Cycle from Step 6. 13 Using WDS, check for and clear flagged DTCs.