Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 2002 jaguar runs ruff, I replaced all plugs and 4 coils.

Customer Question

my 2002 jaguar runs ruff, I replaced all plugs and 4 coils. Idling you can here it missing, but when driving it the engine light blinks and it runs even ruffer, help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Idling you can here it missing and the engine light is steady., but when driving it the engine light blinks and it runs even ruffer,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What model Jag? Do you have the stored fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2002 xType, I had Autozone to test and there were no stored codes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK usually when the engine light is on there should be fault codes and when it blinks it is a severe misfire. I would start by checking for vacuum.leaks. I see issues with the intake seals and gaskets causing the engine to run lean and miss. Let me know.