Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My 2002 jaguar runs ruff, I replaced all plugs and 4 coils.

Customer Question
My 2002 jaguar runs...

My 2002 jaguar runs ruff, I replaced all plugs and 4 coils. Idling you can here it missing, but when driving it the engine light blinks and it runs even ruffer, help

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Idling you can here it missing and the engine light is steady., but when driving it the engine light blinks and it runs even ruffer,

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
2/1/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

What model Jag? Do you have the stored fault codes?

2002 xType, I had Autozone to test and there were no stored codes

OK usually when the engine light is on there should be fault codes and when it blinks it is a severe misfire. I would start by checking for vacuum.leaks. I see issues with the intake seals and gaskets causing the engine to run lean and miss. Let me know.