Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I just replaced the battery in my 98 xk8 and the bonnet is

Customer Question

I just replaced the battery in my 98 xk8 and the bonnet is lowered and will not raise back up. It comes up slowly then lowers itself back down. The battery person told me that it will take a minute for the cars functions to reset themselves .. Is this possibly the case? Or could it be a fuse?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Is there a hood not latched warning on? Does the front latch come up when you try and raise the top?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to both
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK could be a problem with one of the microswitches. There are two on the passenger side piston and three in the header. First check the fluid in the top pump reservoir in the right hand side of the trunk. Pull off the side trim and make sure the fluid is between the two lines. Also make sure the manual valve is not loose. Let me know.