Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I HAVE A 1996 XJ6 HARD TO START AND WHEN IT START UP IT WONT…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 1996 XJ6...
I HAVE A 1996 XJ6 HARD TO START AND WHEN IT START UP IT WONT RUN GOOD AND CAT GET RED.DTC 1775 IS SET IN SYSTEM
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/30/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 2 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description there are several possibles. Most common is water intrusion at the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM is located at the passenger side kick panel and the connectors face up. Check these connections and make sure they are dry. Another that is common for no starts and hard starting problems is the crankshaft position sensor. Disconnect the crankshaft position sensor and at the sensors connector check the output signal, it should be at least 1.0 volts AC with the engine cranking over. Your voltmeter has to be set to check AC voltage to see the signal from the sensor.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.