Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2002 jaguar x type that does not start, it cranks…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 jaguar...
I have a 2002 jaguar x type that does not start, it cranks up but does not start, we just got home normal and when we wanted to start the car back it never did, I checked ally he fuses and they are fine, what I have noticed is that there is no noise coming from the gas pump when you want to start it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Jaguar Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago

that matchs the 1st image

check the EMS relay and the TCM relay as the next step as the 2nd image I have is the alternative

The relays were tested and are good

OK if they're OK have you tried running a wire directly from the battery to the pump?

as if it then sparks into life you know the pump is OK

I got a code reader and I got code p1797
P1603, p0223, p0222, p0123 and p0121
By any chance do you know if the tps Is damaged could it prevent the fuel pump from working?

Hello

Ok to get that variety of codes I'd say that there may be a lack of battery voltage or a poor earth connection

so I'd 1st measure across the battery terminals as voltage should be at least 12.5V and then with a runnnign engine rise to about 13.5V

and also check the main battery connections at both ends for cleanliness and tightness

also running out of the loom there should be a couple of small wires that use ring terminals and small bolts to secure to the engine

these are the dedicated ECU earth wires and also need to be clean and tight

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you