Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Its Jimmy, quick question, i have a 2005 xj8 disconected the…

Richard its Jimmy, quick question...
Richard its Jimmy, quick question, i have a 2005 xj8 disconected the battery and rubbed both positive and negative cables together to try to clear a suspension fault code, when i reconnected the battery , i have the check eng light on,engine system fault, park brake fault, dsc not available, i cannot drive the car since it will not accelerate, there was no issue until i disconeccted both positive and negative battery cables and rubbed them together, was my next move?
1/14/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 6 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Sounds like a throttle fault. See what faults we have stored then check the connections to the throttle. We need to see if we have a code P2135. Disconnect just the negative terminal for an hour as well.

Ok I'm going home now I'll disconnect it and see how it is in the morning, I'll be in touch

OK sounds good.

Ok, I connected negative cable like you said, all good I just have parking brake fault on now and it never was before, how can I now attempt to clear that code?

With the engine running pump the brakes then hold the brake pedal down and pull up on the parking brake switch.

Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hi Richard its jimmy, im back in town reconnected the ecm on the 2005 jaguar xj8 AFTER SENDING IT OUT AS THE DEALER SAID THERE WAS AN ISSUE WITH IT, THE COMPANY CHECKED IT AND SAID IT WAS FINE, i also put a new throttle body assembly from jaguar on it no change. i am getting code 1251 throttle position sensor again, i had taken it to jag, they scanned it , they said in work order, DIOG W/WDS CLEAR FAULTS. RETEST ABS MISSING CAN SIGNAL FROM ECM. PARK BRAKE MISSING SCP SIGNAL FROM ECM, let me know were to go from here, when i first put ecm in all warning lights came on as i turned car off and restarted it everything went off, after starting and restarting 4 or 5 times all warning lights came on again.let me know what direction to go, thanks.
Thank you Richard it was the fuse box, put another one in problem solve your the best!!!
I appreciate again the help you gave me previous! Have also my personal car, 05 xj8 vdp, has 124k, I noticed a week ago as in Tn it has lots of hills, as in going up them i noticed the car is dropping in rpm very little, almost like a clogged fuel filter and in getting a shudder out of the torque converter, basically a vibration as this is going on, no check eng light is on, I put new plugs in today, no change, coil packs seem fairly new, what do you think?

It is torque converter surge. The surge will be around 30-50 mph and you will see and feel the rpm fluctuate. The TCM will need to be reprogrammed with different software. If the problem continues then the converter would need to be replaced. Also make sure the fluid is clean and full. Make sure the coller pipes or pan/connector is not leaking.

Ok, I'm bringing car into dealer this morning, is there a specific program I should have them use to reprogram the tcm? I'm not sure the dealer here was to aware when i set up the appointment. Also is ok to do a trans service on it with it having 124k? I appreciate it and will leave positive feedback. Thanks again!
Also Richard, the car is surging well over 50mph, all the way from 35 mph to 75mph?

I usually do not service these. The reprogram was called a coded access re flash. The Jag tool has changed over the years and I have not had to do one of these in a while so I am not sure the software is still available as there was specific surge software.

Hi Richard, I had the 05 vdp trans reflashed, it did make a big difference, but still has it a little, talked to tech, and parts dept, the torque converter is no longer available, do you know of a company that offers them as rebuilt or new? Also after I left dealer came to a stop and the emergency brake locked up the rear wheels when I was stopped at the red light, I pumped the brakes and it released, never happened until the dealer worked on car yesterday, anyhow let me know your thoughts and I will take care of you and start a new question panel for any future questions, I realized what I did, sorry, but hope all is well, other than this all is good.I was actually almost stopped and the parking brake applied by itself and the brake light on dash came on, I then pumped the brakes and the emergency brake released.

Thats very strange. I have seen some issues with the parking brake modules and motors causing this but not sure why this started after reprogramming the TCM. As far as the converter here are some places to try.

https://cobratransmission.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_1495_1497_1608_1616

http://www.sussexautos.co.uk/

Ok thank you Richard I DO APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP AND GREAT ADVICE. Thank you, ***** ***** is well.

You are very welcome.