Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My name is ***** *****. I am currently experiencing a bad

Customer Question

Customer: Hi There my name is ***** *****. I am currently experiencing a bad knocking noise coming from the front suspension area of my Jaguar 3.0 AWD. My question would be whether this is the linkages on the swat bar or can I just replace the bushings on the mountings.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well it started on the left hand side of the vehicle and mostly was only heard when going over a bump in road or such but it is getting progressively worse and is now heard on the right hand side as well. I am asking because I would not know what to look for under the vehicle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: To be honest as a South African $18 is too steep for me with our exchange rate but thanks anyway and have a good day.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this? What year and can I have the last six of your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H Richard
Yes I have still not received an answer. Here is the info requested the vehicle is a Jaguar 3.0 AWD 2007 Model, last six digits of the VIN as follows: J14474. I hope this helps.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your code should be 3226

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I am now slightly confused as I am not sure what the code is for. My question related to a knocking noise heard on the front suspension of my Jaguar. I wanted to know if I needed to replace the bushes or if I have to replace the linkages as well and how I could differentiate whether the noise is coming from the one or the other.
Norman
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sorry looks like my reply was posted to the wrong question. I recommend driving the vehicle on a smooth road then make some quick steering maneuvers rocking the weight of the vehicle side to side to see if we hear the noise. If so then yes it is more likely the sway bar. The bushings are serviceable so we can replace them and the links. We also need to make sure the color on the sway bar did not break as this will cause the bar to move back and forth. Let me know.