Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

, I have a 2003 Jaguar S-typr R. When I get into the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Richard,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2003 Jaguar S-typr R. When I get into the car and put key in ignition or stop car and take key out of ignition. I get about 10 seconds of beeping and the red brake icon comes on. This started just before Xmas. Is a parking brake or brake system warning. I didn't see anything in users manual. Thanks, Mick
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes it does sound like the parking brake fault warning since the brake will automatically apply when you take the key out. It can also be a false warning from the shifter. Right after shutting off the vehicle try moving the shifter off park. You should hear a warning. If this is the exact warning you hear then it is most likely a shifter. If the warning is higher pitched then it is the parking brake and we may have a problem with the actuator or module. Also inspect the parking brake cables and caliper as that is the small caliper on the rear brakes. Let me know.