peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have 1995 jag (15years) it starts runs good... Stop at

Customer Question

I have 1995 jag (15years) it starts runs good... Stop at light stalls. Starts right back up. Could b driving 60.. Stalls out starts right back up
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One of the most common causes for the stall out you see here is a fault with the crank position sensor.This sensor is located attached to a bracket on the front engine cover located above the crank shaft pulley/harmonic balancer.This sensor is a common component to cause a stall out issue when slowing to a stop or at a stop.In some cases the engine may start right back up and in other cases it may have to sit a period of time before it will restart.

If this sensor was not replaced already with what you have described here this sounds like the cause of the fault needing replaced.Below is a picture of this sensor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g3wbayczh8unwp/cr-12-29.gif?dl=0

The cost I show is around $240 from a dealer or around $120 from a local parts store and almost an hours labor to have replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set this needs done as if there are codes set this will help in diagnosing and correcting the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$160 later I still have same problem... Ur suggestion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I pull up to a red light give it extra gas and hold to break it doesn't stall out let it pull out with natural pressing g of gas goes fine beautiful. If I punch it in any point she quits. If I pull up a stop sign and don't give her the extra gas and the break it stops . Going up a grade with cruise on and it requires more gas, the cruse Kim's in it stalls. U have to stop and it will restart. It does restart at all times. The electric fuel pump shows (I believe 34#pressure) any ways garage says proper pressure from electric pump. By the way if I start natural very little gas let it increase in speed u can run 70/100 for miles no interferences. Ur suggestions suggestion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was off line the past couple of days.

If the engine hasnt been checked over for any vacuum leaks at all this needs done.If a vacuum leak is found it will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.If this has already been checked for and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete