Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2002 vanden plas not starting
, Battery good. Fuel in

Customer Question

Customer: 2002 vanden plas not starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Battery good. Fuel in tank. Fuel Pump Fuse is good. Mechanic friend says he doesn't think fuel is reaching the engine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If the engine is cranking strong but not starting it definitely could be a fueling issue like a bad fuel pump. If we have battery power to the fuel pump fuse when cranking this tells us the relay is good and the ECM is energizing the relay. We then would need a fuel pressure gauge to install to the injector rail to verify fuel is present. You can try spraying some carb cleaner into the air intake tube while an assistant cranks the engine to see if it will start and run on the spray as this will tell us it is a fuel delivery problem. Let me know.