Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

My Jaguar S-Type 2004 8 Cyl started misbehaving when I

Customer Question

My Jaguar S-Type 2004 8 Cyl started misbehaving when I attempted to start it as the weather became cooler in Ontarion, Canada. I purchased it this summer and has no issues, but when it became cooler I would turn the Key, get a single click and then nothing. Plenty of juice in the battery. If I returned the Key to off and tried again it would at the beginning of the onset of this proplem, start on the second try. Then it progressed to the third and fourth try. Now nothing. I beleive it is the ignition relay. Thoughts before I buy the part?
Scott
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Does the vehicle power up normally if you just turn the key to the ON position? Will the shifter release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake?