Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2005 xj8l will not start. New batter, all electrics appear…

2005 xj8l will not start...
2005 xj8l will not start. New batter, all electrics appear to be working. I've been looking at forums and suspect transmission range sensor? when i turn the key the "R" on the j=gate illuminates, but no starter or fuel pump noises. I cannot shift to Neutral or any other gear either.
11/30/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 6 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Your problem is most likely caused by loose shifter cable bolts. Jack up the driver side of your vehicle and check the two 8mm bolts that hold the shifter cable to the transmission. One or both may be loose.

Richard, Jaguar Technician